There was this piece of me—a young, vulnerable, desperate piece of me—who begged for someone to finally just tell me who the hell I was supposed to be, or do, or what my life was supposed to be about. Every time life intensified, waves of hysteria would swell from deep within me, the fear that I’d get it wrong… that I couldn’t trust myself to know what was true for me. I felt terrified that, without external guidance, my life would be wasted.
But then I started to explore what one of my early teachers called “the spirituality of the self”. I studied the way I reacted to the world around me, the way I allowed certain relationships, circumstances, and experiences to affect me. I learned I was powerful, far more powerful than I’d ever imagined, and that I could change reality by changing the way I was showing up in the world. In time, I released what no longer served me and made space for my truth to become my life. The artist, the lover, the priestess, the mother, the healer, the dancer, the writer . . . one discovery at a time, I hosted a reunion of the pieces of my soul.
This transformation was possible because of the supports I cultivated for myself along the way. My blog is an extension of my journals. I use it to share the lessons I’ve learned, powerful resources, and inspiring stories of my clients’ transformations. Dig in and find the information and inspiration you need today and keep coming back when you need another dose! If you can’t find what you’re looking for, email me your question and I’ll see what I can find for you.
We are going to read my book Is Home Your Happy Place? together. I know, I know. How exciting might it be to read a book about clutter? Well, it’s not actually about the stuff, so I believe you’ll find it all surprisingly enjoyable.
1. You’ll just have to join the private The Unruly Woman *Private* Facebook group since we’ll be having conversations between calls in the group (for privacy).
And make sure you turn notifications *on* during the book study to stay connected. I’ll pin the newest prompt to the top of the group so it’s easy to find, so click on “view pinned post” at the top of the group if you’re on a mobile device.
2. We will be having group calls on Thursdays at 1:00 pm Central on June 9, 16, 23, and 30, 2016. (Recordings will be made available to those who are unable to attend.)
3. And if you don’t have #happyplace yet, you’ll need to get it! You can do that here.
4. Please share this invite with the Unruly Women in your life. We are stronger together and I’d love to have your soul sisters join us, too.
5. If you haven’t yet found your way into my address book, I won’t be able to send you updates on the books we are reading. You can make it possible for me to send you love notes here.
Note: We made it through the introduction and first four chapters of Women Who Run with the Wolves last month and we are taking a little break from the intensity. We will return for another round in a month or two, so stay tuned.